• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dinghy, Tow or Stow?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Dinghy, Tow or Stow?

Post by jleonard »

One couple I know had a banner made up with their name and hailing port and would tie that to the upper stern flybridge rails when they cruised. They said the bridgetenders there required the name to be visable.
However except for the story above I have never heard of anyone getting hassled for blocking the name with the dink.
Stern light is another story but that's an easy fix
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
sburgis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Clair MI

Post by sburgis »

My 36 Albin is documented and my interpretation of the rules is the name and hailing port must be "visible" and permanently affixed to the vessel. It is not a requirement that it be on the transom. To that end I added name and port on the front of the bridge. The lovely graphics on the transom are hidden by the dingy on weaver davits. I also added the name and port to the bottom of the dingy because that is where people look for it. Incidentally, I had to raise the stern light because it was also hidden by the dingy.

Steve Burgis
Summer Triangle
Birmingham MI
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

Hi hope all are well. Haven't posted in awhile but I have a bit of info on the subject. I just received an info sheet that includes the following. NAME AND HAILING PORT :For RECREATIONAL vessels the name and hailing port both must be marked together on some clearly visible exterior part of the hull.Seems fairly clear cut unless I have missed something.

Return to “General Discussion”