• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Was I sleeping?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Was I sleeping?

Post by fairtide »

I just visited a site, boats.com, that listed 2010 models of Albin boats and I was surprised to find more than the 28TE shown. In order of size, there is a 25 center console, a 27 ft. TE as well as the 28TE, then a 29 family cruiser. More: a 33 ft. TE that is also listed as 32 ft., a 34 Command Bridge, a 34 (also 35) TE, and a 36TE. The largest Albin listed was a 44 (also 45) Command Bridge. The double listed lengths are confusing, but they showed them both for a single boat design.
So, as a pretty frequent visitor here at AOG, was I sleeping and missing information about Albin's foray back into production? It seems that there is so much redundancy, at least in terms of lengths, that, if so, is a reminder of why G.M. decided not to compete with itself by building Chevy, Pontiac,Olds, and Buick cars that often were about the same save for small details. I believe that the larger hulls are still made in Asia, but if the graphics all spell ALBIN, does this make sense?
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Was I sleeping?

Post by JackK »

Something a little fishy there ... I talked to Ken at Standish last weekend and he was excited because he had sold the first new 2010 28TE off the line from C+C. I asked about the 31 in particular and was told that the molds are still sitting on the old property and will need quite a bit of work. No immediate plans to offer a new 31.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Fairtide,
That's is surprising to me as well. The new owners have not communicated with us since the initial annoucement. I did a quick check of the websites and didn't see anything new. Perhaps someone will jump in with more information.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

I had also heard that the molds for the 31 TE, 35 CB, 35 TE and possibly 30 FC were languishing at the old Albin manufacturing facility in Portsmouth, exposed to the elements and in danger of being chopped up and disposed of by the new owner of the property.

I was told that both Fred Peters and Northcoast were unwilling to pay to have the molds trucked to the Northcoast facility, so the major part of the Albin line may disappear forever over a small shipping charge. A shame!
John S.
Jamestown, RI
nan1rik1
First Mate
First Mate

Post by nan1rik1 »

Hi from a Ct. owner of a 32 + 2 Command Bridge (Still on Vacation). I work near Cos Cob, Ct. where there are a couple of new, 2007 Albins sitting @ their old sales yard, a 40 & a 42 Command Bridge. According to the yard workers they were built in Asia and are "not quite right"? They said that 1 of them was sold twice but came back both times due to factory built problems, they could not/would not be more specific. They also think that the old Albin molds were bought by Carver and are being put back into production by them under the Albin logo. All of this is hearsay.

Nan & Rick
Still on Vacation
Norwalk, Ct.
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

I went back to boats.com but could not find the page that prompted me to ask about all the 2010 models that seemed to be listed.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I did find the listing for a 26 CC from Prestige Yachts. None of the others.
John
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I just found a listing on Boat Quest for a 45 CB and "the new" 46 TE. The ad, from our friend Bob Milano :evil: , mentions Sparkman and Stevens, which I think is the designer for North Coast. Although it's a TE it does have a bridge. Mariner posted awhile ago about the 46. $895,000
John

Return to “General Discussion”