• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel burn

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Leonardo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Chesapeake Bay (Summer), Laguna Madre/Gulf of Mexico (Winter)

Fuel burn

Post by Leonardo »

I know the topic is here somewhere but can't find it. With the Ford/Lehman 120 hp what are some good guidelines for best fuel use. Mainly RPM and power curve. I've heard everything from 1.75-2.50 gallons at 6 knots up to 7 gallons at 8 knots. I'm looking for that best RPM to run.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Fuel burn

Post by jleonard »

2010-07-08_125458.jpg
Hopefully you can zoom in and read. Does not have fuel burn rates though.
I have a 120 in my old 40 and it burns 1.5 gph at about 1500 rpm (6 knots) to 2 ish gph at 1900 rpm (7 + knots).
That is the range I run in. Speed figures vary quite a bit depending on the current.
Most peoplethat I know with the Lehman 120 in a trawler run 1700 to 2000 rpm. Somewhere in there seems to be the comfort zone.
Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Leonardo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Leonardo »

That looks like what I need if I can somehow copy it (and zoom in) We ran the Perkins at 1750 and got our best combined rate and I was hoping the Ford would be in the same area. I'm moving the boat Saturday to it's new (temp) location and it's an 86 mile voyage down the Potomac River. We are leaving at high tide (7 am) with a projected current of 1.2 knots ebb for most of the trip. I was hoping for some rain later today and tomorrow to help speed things up a little too.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I believe the manual is in the library here. If not send me an e mail to
jleonard@usa.norgren.com
and I will send the manual to you.
Jay
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Leonardo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Leonardo »

Your email address does not work nor can I get into the library " you do not have permission to enter this forum". Can you send me the info?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”