• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

KING-AIR Replacement Sea Water Pump?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

KING-AIR Replacement Sea Water Pump?

Post by Seaslug44 »

Anyone know what model pump to replace my air conditioner raw water pump?

Wondering... is it A/C or a D/C powered?

The one that was installed in the boat had an open housing. Not the smartest choice for pumps. I'm sure they make a water-proof replacement.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: KING-AIR Replacement Sea Water Pump?

Post by DougSea »

I just installed my AC today and used a March pump. It's a 120v unit and the motor is completely encapsulated in epoxy. Apparently it can be run submerged! $200+ at Defender.

The only spec I'm aware of that you need to keep in mind is the GPH rating. For my 12,000BTU unit I have a 500GPH pump.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KING-AIR Replacement Sea Water Pump?

Post by Seaslug44 »

DougSea wrote:I just installed my AC today and used a March pump. It's a 120v unit and the motor is completely encapsulated in epoxy. Apparently it can be run submerged! $200+ at Defender.

The only spec I'm aware of that you need to keep in mind is the GPH rating. For my 12,000BTU unit I have a 500GPH pump.
Thanks buddy. That is the info I was looking for. As I suspected, it's 120v A/C. That's something everyone should be aware of when crawling around a damp engine room. This is especially dangerous on my Albin as I often sit on that steel keel support bracket while snooping around/doing repairs. I'm basically grounding myself to the water (which can't be a good thing) with that live current there whenever the air conditioner is running.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”