• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

24' Albin

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

glen
Gold Member
Gold Member

24' Albin

Post by glen »

Hi All,
Can anyone give me some information on a 1992 24' Albin w/ 170 Yanmar diesel engine. Went to look at it today thinking about buying her. There were a few problems. When the engine was running it vibrated the deck more than I'd like.
Also it would clunk into gear foward and reverse. Is this normal? Hope you can help.
Glen
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 24' Albin

Post by N4QC »

I have a '93 24' Albin Getaway with a 170 - 4LH-DTE Yanmar engine. Is this similar to the hull and the engine you are looking at? I replaced the engine mounts after it had about 13 years and 1400 hours...

My vessel has a ZF transmission. The Yanmar 170, can also be equipped with a Japanese transmission. In any event, I don't believe that clunking should exist. Oil, cable length, rpm are some possible considerations...

Search out my postings on this forum for additional comments on the Albin Getaway. If you have any questions I'll try to help.

Good luck,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
glen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 24' Albin

Post by glen »

Hey, Thanks Joe
I got a e-mail off to the seller to find out what transmission is in his boat. I Really liked the boat think it will clean up just fine just a few issues to work out. Thanks for the infomation. Is really great to have support from other albin owners.

Glen

Return to “Albin Maintenance”