• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Heading to CT From Boston

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Heading to CT From Boston

Post by Legacy »

Just spreading the word in case any Albineers are in the area. Weather and health permitting, Colleen and I are leaving Boston Harbor aboard "Legacy" on Monday, July 5 and will probably get to the Newport area for the evening. Then we're off to Joshua Cove in Guilford, CT arriving on the 6th for a few nights. The plan is to then head to Block Island on the 10th, then out to Nantucket for the weekend. We'll then go to Provincetown for the night of the 12th and then back to Boston on the 13th or 14th. Probably trying to plan too much but what the heck. If anyone is near any of these destinations, love to connect. Let me know and I'll send along my cell #. Or we can be reached on Channel 69. BTW - - our summer boat drink, which changes each year, is what I call a "Naughty Arnold." It's 2 oz. of Sweet Tea flavored vodka (Firefly brand) and 2 oz of lemonade served over ice. No driving afterwards!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Heading to CT From Boston

Post by DougSea »

Hey Rick!

Would have loved to connect with you guys but you'll be a bit to far east for us. If you ever head down to the western end of the Sound let us know.

Hope you have a great trip, sounds like fun itinery.

Best,

Doug
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Sounds like a great trip for sure. Also seems like this will not allow for you to be back in CT then end of July for the Rendezvous in Essex?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I am based out of Mystic, Ct. Have no clue right now where I will be during the dates you mentioned.
However if you need any local information about my area I will be happy to help out if I can.
My e mail is jleonard@usa.norgren.com

I can't decide if I like the sounds of the "Naughty Arnold" so I'm thinking I am going to have to make up a batch to find out. :lol:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
barbco228
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by barbco228 »

Sounds like quite a busy plan!On vacation the week of the 11th, but sounds like we'll miss you. Consider the rendez-vous. We are going for the first time and are looking forward to it. If you are in the area another time let us know. Went to P town last year and had a blast even though the wind was blowing all week!
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Rick,

Definitely call us when in Newport, we are 10 minutes away by car, 40 minutes by boat. Where are you staying there? Block is also in our regular cruising range so we could hook up there if NPT doesn't work out. Where are you booked at Block?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “General Discussion”