• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

bonding wires

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Homeinstead28
Gold Member
Gold Member

bonding wires

Post by Homeinstead28 »

Need help. Reinstalling my swim platform and can't remember where all the bonding wires go. Do they only go to bolts below the water line? Many seemed like jumpers between bolts. Can someone please shed some light on the subject?
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: bonding wires

Post by furball »

Mine are attached to the bolts below the waterline. I believe each one is separate back to a block to tie them together.
JG
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Mine are attached to the bolts below the waterline. I believe each one is separate back to a block to tie them together.
When I installed the new platform on our 36 classic it was as JG described but, kind of dasy chained together and all going to one terminal type block with the stern and shaft zinks. Not sure if thats a totally correct installation but that's the way it was and the way put it back together. For whatever that's worth?
b & a 002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

John, Have you replaced the bolts on your platform yet? How did that go?
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

Carl, the bolt job seemed to go well. Only pulled the two that showed moisture. One of the bolts snapped off %$%^#! , over drilled then re-bedded the bolts.
I'll know for sure in the fall when I haul out.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

The first time I hauled my 28TE for bottom painting I noticed two of the bolts at the bottom of the struts supporting the swim platform were weeping water. So I took them out to rebed them and in the process found out that the water was coming out of the hollow struts and the hole through the hull was dry.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

Russ,
That's what got me looking to begin with. I was prepping the running gear for spring and when I grabbed one of the supports it began to drip. I couldn't tell if it was the transom or the brace. I had the surveyor at the boat later and asked her to check it with the moisture meter. That one was fine but 2 others showed moisture right at the bolt so those are the ones I pulled.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “Albin Maintenance”