• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ahh ready to go in

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Ahh ready to go in

Post by jleonard »

I'm tired and sore but smiling. Finished the bottom today. Got the new thru hull and strainer all pplumbed up. A week ahead of schedule. Went to the marina office to tell them and they put me in the schedule for monday afternoon. Woohoo! :D
Now to pour a small cocktail or three to celebrate!!
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Ahh ready to go in

Post by hetek »

Isn't that a great feeling?! I'm jealous!

My goal has always to be in by Memorial Day, but it always seems to get bumped until the 4th of July.
I always have something to do and my boating budget funds dictate that I do most of the work myself (the downside of being a former marine mechanic - that I actually know how to do these things myself! I just now have to find the time, which is always in short supply!)

This year I have extra $ in the kitty so I plan on having the marina do much of the work and hope to be in by Memorial Day this year.

FIngers crossed!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
karl boecker

Post by karl boecker »

I am leaving sailing for a Albin 28' TE 2005 with 250 engine hrs. on a yanmar 370hp diesel. I hope this boat is the proper choice for an old rag begger, and what say you?
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I think you will be getting whiplash and upset that you have to open your wallet at the fuel dock :lol:
But those are good feelings. Welcome to the world of stinkpotters.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

hetek wrote:Isn't that a great feeling?! I'm jealous!

My goal has always to be in by Memorial Day, but it always seems to get bumped until the 4th of July....
4th of July! Ouch. The season is short enough... "Eastern Long Island" ? I see Southold mentioned in a prior post. Whereabouts ? P.O.E, Goldsmiths, Albertsons? Brickcove? I'll be at Shelter Isl in a couple weeks for a night or two..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Hi Rob -

I'm at Albertson's. There are a couple Albins here so I'll be in good company! I used to work at Brick Cove back when it was called Young's Marina. I also used to work at Southold Marine Center back when it was called Ulrich Marine. I haven't been in "the business" since 1984 but keep on rebuilding and restoring boats still. My present boat is #14!

Actually, I just got splashed today! Woo Hoo! I think I'll join jleonard in a cocktail or two... It's kinda bittersweet though. She only went in to give a test ride to her (hopefully) new owner. But the good part is that now I'll have some $ for my Albin!

Shelter Island? Let's see... West Neck Harbor, Coecles Harbor or Dering Harbor? :)
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Yes, either IBY at West Neck or Coecles. We go scubadiving for antique (or old junk) bottles at Dering Harbor at the old dumping ground at the north east section of the mouth of the harbor.

Albertsons - So every time you head out/in you get to pass by those new Grady’s on steroids at POE with monster Yamahas sitting on the transoms like they are a dime a dozen… We head in there to go to "WeGo" for bait every now and then or to send the kids into the POE shipstore to raid the icecream chest. Usually hit Pepe’s a couple times a season too. I’m sure we’ll see you out there at some point, or at Essex…
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”