• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

sliding window locks

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

pmpapi

sliding window locks

Post by pmpapi »

the windows in my 2005 28te pilot house have a black plastic clip to secure the side sliding window in a closed position, they broke, can they be replaced and if so how and where do i get them?
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: sliding window locks

Post by joe.baar »

WestMarine has a Perko sliding window stop in chromed zinc, which I think is pretty standard although the surfaces corrode over time. Those run about $17 per each, which includes a stopping plate and a mounting plate. I'm sure Defender has these also but I wasn't able to find them in their catalog. Personally I'd avoid plastic or nylon due to UV degradation, which is likely why yours broke.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
Boatmon

Re: sliding window locks

Post by Boatmon »

Not much of a web-site but check with Wolf"s Marine in Benton Harbor MI, we just bought 14 of them for the seven sliding windows we had replaced in our 36. Their price is 4.99 for the chrome and 2.99 for the plastic,they are a dealer of marine surplus and have outstanding prices.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”