• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I need a new rudder

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Cahoots5
Swabby
Swabby

I need a new rudder

Post by Cahoots5 »

Hi all: I wonder if there is a replacement rudder for my 1994 28TE. The current rudder has corrosion between the brass rudder casting and the Stainless shaft, I have sean some boats that have a complete replaced rudder made out of 1/4" 316 stainless steel. Wonder if there is some one out there making a replacement or due I need to have it built from scratch?? Thanks for your help Steve
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: I need a new rudder

Post by Pitou »

Steve - H&H Prop is your source.They will tighten you up with the correct rudder. H&H provided Albin with all their running gear, shafts, shaft seals, struts, props, rudders etc.. I was in their shop a couple of weeks ago to have a new cutlass bearing pressed into my rudder shoe. Low and behold, I spotted a huge 3 ring binder labeled "ALBIN RUNNING GEAR"! When I brought the shoe in the guy at the counter remarked before I even spoke "you have an ALBIN". They know our boats.

Here is a link to a thread that has their contact info : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1412 It's a busy time of year, so I would pick-up the phone.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Cahoots5
Swabby
Swabby

Re: I need a new rudder

Post by Cahoots5 »

Kevin: Thanks for your INFO, I will call them on Monday. This week end I started to pull my fuel tank as It looks to be the best way to get access to the front of the engine short of pulling it. I think the oil leak that I have, seems to be the front seal on my Peninsular engine best I can tell. The tank removal is the best approach I hope ? Wish I had a Cummins. Thanks Steve on west cost

Return to “Albin Maintenance”