• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winter ventilation

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

maineman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Georgetown Island, Maine

Winter ventilation

Post by maineman »

Last Spring, I installed a Nicro® solar vent (Day/Night Plus - now on sale at West Marine) in the center of the hatch in the roof of the cabin on my 28TE, "KTQ". It was reasonably easy to install, worked really well circulating the air below almost noiselessly and kept mildew and odors to near nothing all season. On a recent visit to the boatyard where she's stored for the winter under white shrink-wrap, my curiosity was piqued by a faint noise I couldn't identify. Sure enough, the little solar vent was whirring away happily under the cover and keeping the air constantly moving. Mold, mildew and "staleness" are problems for boats stored under wraps for the long New England winter and this little gadget is a great aid to keeping it all to a minimum! No wires, no batteries, no worries! A nice surprise!

Tom McCandless
28TE "KTQ"
Georgetown Island, ME
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”