• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2010 46' Albin Tournament Express

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

2010 46' Albin Tournament Express

Post by Mariner »

Has anyone else seen this? Whoa!

<emoved>
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Re: 2010 46' Albin Tournament Express

Post by chiefrcd »

Yowzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Oh my!!! I'd suspect that it is on the same hull as the 45 Command Bridge, http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2005/Al ... ted-States which looks like a 32+2 on steroids. I'd still take the 46 Command Bridge, no lower helm so much more cabun room for the cruiser. I think the 46TE will be a better seller. It looks more like a conventional SF. Very few buyers like to be different. JMO but it take takes a very unconventional breed to buy Albins like the 27AC, 32+2, 34MY & 36 Fast Trawler. You can't say 'It looks like a ?' about any of them.

Just looking at the specs, where do they get 2'6" draft from? No way. With wheels & rudders hanging down that draft must be at least 4'. I like the SS strip over the gunwhale by the cleats. That will prevent damage to gelcoat from chafe though the strips really should be flush with gunwhale to prevent rubbing of the line. Picky??? Yes I am about such things. I also wionder how much influence a woman had in galley design. Just a quick look but there is no 'pass through' at the sink for doing dishes. No counter room to the right. I'd expect much better on a 46' boat. JMO.

I'm not a fisherman so no comment on fishability though I always ask friends who get bigger fishing boats if they catch bigger fish with the bigger boat?
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Wow. A 46 TE? It's interesting that none of the websites make any mention of it. I checked Albin's old sites, Northcoastboats.com and sparkmanstevens.com.
Normally I would pull any post that links to Bob Milano or <> Yacht Sales because of the way they treated our members. A 46TE with less draft than the 28TE?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I think it's a neat boat. But at 900 big ones, it's going to have a very limited number of potential buyers given the current condition of the new boat market.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

chiefrcd wrote:Yowzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said!! :shock:

I'm forwarding this link to the admiral. Then when I send her the listings for 31's and 35's she'll think they sound like a bargain!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “General Discussion”