• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Weather Alert

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Weather Alert

Post by Gunny »

:D Well I have been sitting out the snow storms in Md. and hoping one day soon i would be able to go back there and attempt to buy an Albin 34. Today in upper SC it hit 68 degrees and is projected mid seventies tomorrow.My broker calls and we seem to think we can get to the boat and it in the water for final survey and sea trials later next week.If all goes well then we will head down south to Charleston to call it home. Again wish me luck and I hope an uneventful cruise to homneport. :D :D :D
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Weather Alert

Post by Mariner »

Good luck!
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

We wish you good luck also and please keep us posted on the A 34. We bought our A 34 in October and are doing a pretty major overhaul this winter. You can post on the A 34 spot under the "Classic Trawler" heading added for A 34 owners even though we don't quite fit under "classic". May the weather hold!! Marcy A 34 Westbrook, CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

Sounds like we have some fun in the making :D
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Gunny wrote::D Well I have been sitting out the snow storms in Md. and hoping one day soon i would be able to go back there and attempt to buy an Albin 34. Today in upper SC it hit 68 degrees and is projected mid seventies tomorrow.My broker calls and we seem to think we can get to the boat and it in the water for final survey and sea trials later next week.If all goes well then we will head down south to Charleston to call it home. Again wish me luck and I hope an uneventful cruise to homneport. :D :D :D
Gunny,
The weather we had this week has melted all the snow. Two weeks ago I had a 6' pile of the stuff at the end of my driveway. Yesterday I finally drove over it. Shrink wrap comes off Afterglow this weekend.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

jcollins wrote:...Shrink wrap comes off Afterglow this weekend...
I don't know John, this is not the kinda weekend to unwrap a boat. I will say, that is absolutely one of the best days of the year, slicing and removing the wrap, like a big kid with the Biggest Bestest Christmas Gift Ever!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

RobS wrote:
jcollins wrote:...Shrink wrap comes off Afterglow this weekend...
I don't know John, this is not the kinda weekend to unwrap a boat. I will say, that is absolutely one of the best days of the year, slicing and removing the wrap, like a big kid with the Biggest Bestest Christmas Gift Ever!
Today is not going to happen because of the rain. I'm still hoping for tomorrow.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

UnWrapping

Post by RicM »

I recommend never wrapping in the first place. Saves time, stress, and the environment. Just ship it down to FL and fish all winter.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

We are closing on our 27 Family cruiser in Charleston SC this Friday, Where will you be keeping yours? We are considering Rivers Edge Marina in dry stack. It is the one where 526 goes over the Ashley river
Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

I plan on keeping by boat at the Ashley Marina at the downtown bridge. Have had a boat there for a number of years and enjoy the area and friends. Heading for Charleston tomorrow and deaprting for Maryland erly Wednesday morning. If all goes as planned will close on the Albin this week and head down the coast. Fortunate to have a good friend to go along and keep me out of trouble. See you on the water.

Return to “General Discussion”