• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Am I measuring Blood Pressure or Fuel Level???

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Kokomo

Am I measuring Blood Pressure or Fuel Level???

Post by Kokomo »

My new old boat( 81 43' trawler) has a fuel gauge system in which you select a tank and pump up the fuel gauge with a bulb that looks exactly like the ones on a blood pressure cuff.

then when you let off the pressure the gauge is supposed to read dead on. The port tank is supposed to be full but reads empty so I don't know.

Does anyone have any experience with these gauges? And an opinion on their worth? There is no manual on board so I really don't know how much to pump up the system.

The broker said they are highly accurate but I don't know what to think. There is no way to stick the tank to verify.

Thanks

Kokomo
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Am I measuring Blood Pressure or Fuel Level???

Post by jleonard »

I never heard of a system like that. I have a regular standard swinging float type. Mine is extremely accurate.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Kokomo

Re: Am I measuring Blood Pressure or Fuel Level???

Post by Kokomo »

I had never seen such a system either. This boat has been full of surprises. I wonder what's next????

Return to “Albin Maintenance”