• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

mack-boring

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

mack-boring

Post by special k »

just got confirmation for mack-borings one day diesel maintenance class for this march in mass. hoped they would offer the hands on two day but only in NJ.
anyone gone thru this and is it helpful?
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: mack-boring

Post by Gunny »

Went through both of the courses that Mack Boring offered when they were scheduled in Wilmington, NC. This has been a few years ago. The instructor was fantastic and it was as much fun as it was knowledgeable. Having no experiance with a diesel at that time I found that once past the fear of it it is a relatively simple animal. They required the primary couse before they would let you take the advanced. The primary takes you through the basics of maintenance, filter changes etc. The advanced was cool as you had your own engine to work on and after pulling injectors, waterpumps etc. you then had to crank your engine and make sure it would run. I would recommend it as it is money well spent and take it as an investment.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”