• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Has everyone Frozen to Death?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Has everyone Frozen to Death?

Post by RicM »

I don't think I've ever seen this forum silent this long, or has the server locked up?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Has everyone Frozen to Death?

Post by Mariner »

It's the slow season, I guess.
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

I think we're pretty lucky up here in the Northwest.... I was out on Lake Washington yesterday and it had to be close to 60 degrees!
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member
lpbp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by lpbp »

Na Some of wish we were on the same voyage as you have been on. Sun,fishing and boating. But it sure was cold in MD 2 weeks ago when I was down looking at a 28 to buy . Thought I was still in the great white north of Canada . We have a offer accepted ,and waiting for weather to warm up to do a survey . Other than that -this Great Lakes sailor has the winter off and is hiding in the work shop making sawdust and keeping warm . Had one good day last week ,a couple of sailing buddies showed up and we found the bottom of a bottle of spiced rum. Other than that this LPBP signing off OVER & OUT
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Ric,

Not frozen here .... not even grumpy! Those 7 to 10 days that I read your trip reports each month, I wish I were you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attention has turned toward the winter sports .... (maybe I should post this in the cruising section) .... headed north for a ski trip with a bunch of the local flotilla for some downhill action this weekend .... a "raft-up" is planned in the parking lot for lunch .... grills, oysters on the half shell that I freshly raked this AM (maybe I should be in the fishing forum) some little necks, cheese, bread, avacados ..... just trying to live large with whatever mother nature sends our way.

I suspect my niece will have her own little "raft up" as she moves in for the weekend. Have at it :roll: .. just don't burn the house down or touch my scotch! :lol:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Kevin,

Sounds like fun. I'm already looking forward to the next trip. Looks like Feb 10.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I'm frozen up here in Ct...spending time doing inside the home projects. Already remodeled the kitchen, now working on remodelling the downstairs (basement) bathroom. Gotta get that crap done so it doesn't ruin the boating season.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Ric,
I had to smile this morning when I read your post. At that time there were no replies but 6 views. Now, at the end of the day, I can see some activity.
Not much happening around here except work. My clients are keeping me busy now because they know I'll be scarce in the summer. I'm not like jleonard. I just can't get into winter projects around the house. Then, in the spring, summer, and fall, I can't DO projects because of boating. It's vicious cycle. Can't do much this weekend. Sharon wants to go to the boat show.
Lastly, I'm generally grumpy during winter months. Carl is on his way to Key West, your making regular trips south. :mrgreen:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Just got done printing out the boarding passes for Key West. Have 2 days set aside for fishing with a local guide I have been going with for the last 8 years. Looking forward to the sun and temps in the mid to upper 70s. Will toast to the board at sloppy joes tomorow at lunch!!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

No worrys about freezing here but it is the unending cycle of winter storms that slow down outside work.

Helluva thuderstorm last night. Today looks like it might be rain free except for the squalls that blow through. Gale force wind.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Just dreaming of next season. I did manage to take a quick trip to Daytona...left Richmond it was 34 degrees...got to Daytona and the wind chill at the airport was 17. Virginia in the winter was looking pretty good.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Frozen? What are you talking about, it was 85 degrees out in the blaring sun yesterday....... oh yea but that was when I was in the Dominican Republic....ok I'm back home and it is quite brisk out
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

The days are getting longer, we'll be slicing the shrinkwrap before you know it. I met a guy through work in the Fall that has a boat detailing business and he offered to detail TOY-RIFIC at a cost to me of only tips for the workers. He knows I have a large circle of boating friends and just asked that I show his work and throw his name out there whenever I can. A full detail, hull, topsides, cabin, etc. That's something to look fwd to.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Post by Legacy »

Hi Rob. Being totally magnanimous, send this guy to Boston and I'll begrudgingly let his crew detail Legacy at no cost too!
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"

Return to “General Discussion”