• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Taking Mahalo up to New Rochell for Valve Adjustment &

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Taking Mahalo up to New Rochell for Valve Adjustment &

Post by zinbaad »

I guess I was supposed to get Valve Adjustments at 250 hours but after my experiences with the last "Mechanic" I was hesitant to go back and use him. Now I am at 380 hr & the summer is over & before I winterize get it done already instead of waiting for spring. Thanks Rob for the advice, I called Mac Boring & they recomended certified Yamnmar up in New Rochelle (Will hold off nane til its done). They have a moble service but said if I could drop it off it would be better .
Heading up there from Worlds Fair at 1pm but I do confess I am quite nervous regarding all those rocks in the area. Blackfished up there this weekend and it kind of looks like a Wreck Valley around those little Islands,
Ok so while they do Valve adjustments, drop in two sets of fan belts, 2 impellers and might as well have the change the oil & filters while they are at it. Anything else?
Wish me luck & I hope it will be a pleasant Professional job so I can have confidence for future needs.
B-O-A-T Break out another Thousand
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Taking Mahalo up to New Rochell for Valve Adjustment &

Post by zinbaad »

Successful run through those treacherous looking rocks of New Rochelle & right into a waiting slip. Very courteous & professional looking operation so far. Nice brand new Yanmar 315 slp sitting in there office (just hope I never need a new one). Decided to have them also Bond the air & genny into the system which the other ""Professional"" never did on the New Gen/air installation & tighten up the rudder post that has a little seep going on. It was nice of them to drive me over the bridge & drop me off at my slips parking lot,,,,if only I had not left my truck/store other keys in my knapsack aboard. Damn knew I was forgetting something,, good thing I had a spare set at home :lol:
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Update on Maintenance
Very pleased to say after my experience dealing with the last nightmare"Yanmar Experts"incompetence on
New Gen (did not bond gen or thru hull system, iron bolt in thru hull,$1000 over quoute
New Mermaid air ( did not bond unit or thru hull, loose clamps, air leaks non working unit w/7 promised appointments with no show/ no calls) landed up fix myself after calling mermaid & put in differant unit than contracted
New windless install ( he neglected to tie off anchor line lost to Davy jones) still waiting for promised refund
Paid entire bill in cash, full agreed then waited 2 months for the $1000 "accidently put on my charge card.
SHAME ON ME IF I LET SUPERIOR TOUCH MY DIESELS
Up date
Precision Marine Center New Rochelle
I would gladly take "Mahalo" back to Greg. Straight talking Gentleman, Professional shop office & staff and completeed entire job, on time, in two days as stated (unbelievable)
250 hour valve adjustment
Tac & linkage issue resolved (recalibrated, remove dash))
2 new impellers
2 sets fan belts
Oil, filters racors zincs,
Bonded gen/air thru hulls & misc issues neglected by "Superior" installer
Mahalo was deliverd on time, full job done, clean running properly and feeling confident I would use them again....Priceless
(well who is ever happy about the bill in the end anyway)
Precision Marine Center, Greg Thanks you
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Zinbaad,
Always great to hear about a happy ending. Spending the money is worth it when you deal with a professional shop. Post his information in Accolades, Recommendations, and Reviews.

Thanks,

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Ed, Glad it all worked out for you.
Do you get the same RPM's now btwn the 2 engines at WOT?
It's great to have a local Yanmar mechanic you can be confident in.
How many hours on Mahalo?
Timing Belts at 1000hrs....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Hey Rob,
Got both engines up to 3800 after linkage adustment & correctly calibrateing rpm gages. 390 hours on diesels ( thats 200 hr in one year & a lot of fun)) Pulling out into CP Yacht Club for the dry this afternoon,,, boooo hoooo. Will pull props off and have reconditioned, power wash bottom & I anm confident I will turn the 3850 recomended by Precision.
Decided to drop anchor after picking up for a little black fish action off Mamaraneck unfortunitley a rochk ate my anchor.. Cut lines and put on a jug to go dive & retreive yesterday.. Some dirt bag must have tied up to it and cut off jug. Gone..
But 4 of us did get out Sunday to limet out on keeper Blackfish to 5 lbs. 16 sets of filets.& over 60 shorties thrown back with Asian crabs in their stomaches. Beautiful Day & Happy Ending for the year.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
PrecisionMarine
Swabby
Swabby

Post by PrecisionMarine »

Glad to hear you're happy with the service, Ed. Sorry about that anchor, though. Let us know if you make 3850 once you get those wheels tuned up. It was a pleasure dealing with you, we're a down to Earth crew that enjoys being able to deal with like-minded people. If anyone on the forums has any questions regarding their engine or electronics issues, we'll monitor the forums and answer PM's to try and help out. Once again, we're glad you're happy with the level of service, we always try to do the right thing and it seems to be the right strategy when operating a seasonal business. I suppose that's why we've been around for a quarter century. Anything else comes up be sure to give us a call. Enjoy the winter Ed!

Return to “Albin Maintenance”