• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Peninsular Replacement Promotion

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peninsular Replacement Promotion

Post by Denis »

My post was not directed to anyone on this board. As a matter of fact I can't remember seeing a post about Peninsular engines said in a negative way. My comment was about the general population. I have had people stop by my boat with all kinds of praise until they hear what engine I have, then the comments start. We have several on our dock that run Cummins and you would think their engines were coated with gold. I was looking at a 31 TE two years ago that had Peninsular engines installed and the broker was just so negative. She really had no clue what she was talking about but she sounded like a parrot repeating what she had heard. Those were the type of comments I was addressing, not people here. I do think it is better for me to just keep my yap shut, most times I put both feet in my mouth.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Dennis,

I think the take away is that if other people have stupid, uniformed opinions I wouldn't worry too much about what the stupid and uniformed yoyo's think of your boat or it's engine. You have the extra $15K in your pocket, laughing all the way to the bank. I have driven Audi's for years and listened to idiots with overpriced BMW's ask me about the sticking accelerator issue (from the 70's! that was never demonstrated or reproduced in the laboratory!). I think Audi's handle better in adverse conditions, are safer, are better looking, and I know that they about $10K less for an equivalent model than a BMW. So what? Living well is always the best revenge!

Ric
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

ask me about the sticking accelerator issue (from the 70's! that was never demonstrated or reproduced in the laboratory!
Ric,
Was that the Fox? I had one. Got a great price on that car used. Didn't know why until after I bought it. No problems at all.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

John,

My depth of respect for you grows and grows! A man who knows Audi and Albin is a man who knows how to travel and travel well!

No I started with a 2000 A-6.

Ric
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Petersburg, FL

Post by RWP »

I wish this offer had come along last March when I was buying my 28TE. Its Peninsular engine broke down on the first sea trial and suffered catastrophic damage on the second (about which I wrote volumes at the time). In the end, pretty much scared spitless of the Peninsular brand, I repowered with Yanmar. Now, I am happy as a pig in mud so far with the Yanmar, don't misunderstand, but had I not lost confidence in Peninsular, I could have saved myself approximately $15K. Clearly, Peninsular is doing what it must to salvage its repuation and provide excellent customer service. Bravo! I wish the company and its customers all the best.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”