• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Newport Boat Show

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Albin Newport Boat Show

Post by powerboater56 »

I saw Ken Hilton of Standish Marine and dealer from Maryland at the Newport Boat Show today on an Albin 28. It was the Albin made by the outfit in North Carolina that started and stopped making Albins in quick succession.

Ken and the other dealer said North Coast Marine in Rhode Island will be starting production of new Albins in 30 days or so. Ken said the guy running North Coast is experienced and builds a good boat. He molds the hulls for Hunt Yachts, so he should be able to refurbish the tooling for the Albins and do good fiberglass work. Ken said he will focus on the 28, 31 and 35 CB initially. I gather Fred Peters still owns the molds and is making a deal of some sort with North Coast. I mentioned to Ken that the owner of North Coast should make contact with this forum because the members are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Albins. Let's hope this deal sticks and Albin is again in business.

The Newport Show was considerably smaller than prior years, and many boat companies -- Cruisers Inc., Mainship (except one), Luhrs, Chris Craft -- were not in attendance, but many high quality lines like Eastbay, Back Cove, Sabreline, Hunt, True North, Ocean Alexander were there. I enjoyed the show very much. There is a great brokerage show reachable via free launch service, with SAbrelines, Aldens, Eastbays, Little Harbors and many large yachts on display.

John S.
Jamestown, RI
2005 35 CB OTTER
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Albin Newport Boat Show

Post by Carl »

Thanks John for the info. Hopefully they stay in business long enough to produce some new 31s so I can get a used one in about 5 years!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Carl wrote:Thanks John for the info. Hopefully they stay in business long enough to produce some new 31s so I can get a used one in about 5 years!
Carl, If a 5yr old 31 is what you want I'm sure there's a few '04's for sale out there now :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NJRobert »

Hey John,

How about a mint 2007 28TE Newport?
Nj Robert
2007 28TE Newport
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I'm thinking about a 5 yr old 31 in about 5 years down the road. Just dosnt fit the budget right now.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Sassafras Harbor Marina had two Albins at the Annapolis Power Boat Show - a 28 and a 31. According to them a 28 is currently under construction in Rhode Island. After that the plan is to build another 28 and then a 31. If that plan holds, Carl will be able to find a five year old 31 in five years. They said things were going well with the new builder. I hope that's true and not just sales talk. Anyway it seems that the new life for Albins actually exists in fiberglass.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “General Discussion”