• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spring plans to coat rudders & skeg

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Spring plans to coat rudders & skeg

Post by zinbaad »

Just got around to book winter storage on land close to home and thinking of spring projects.
Retune my 20x20 props, maybe find a backup set (if anyone has or knows of pair for sale please let me know 20x20 0r 19x21 1 3/34 shaft)
I plan on sanding down the rudders & skegs to bare metal and coating with this expoxy stuff I have seen at the prop shop & on a friends Pursuit. Promotes a bit less drag and barnicle growth.
If you know where to purchase the 2 part coating at a resonable price, lol please let me know. Seems to be similar to the 1 pint/to one gallon coatings I used on my Kennel floors, only its clear instead.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Spring plans to coat rudders & skeg

Post by Carl »

28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Heres another with other products. I am waiting for John to pull his boat this winter and give us a report as to how the prop speed product held up on his boat. Also, someone else used a zinc paint on his, so I want to hear his results as well. My boat will not go back in the water next year without one of these products on it.

http://www.getaprop.com/content-categor ... tings.html
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Ouch that stuf is real expensive but if it gets me "Warp Speed" like the Starship who cares, lol :lol:
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I used the zinc paint on my prop, rudder and tabs this spring. The prop and rudder have remained clean all year and it's been a very bad year here. The trim tabs haven't done well at all, neither has my bottom paint but that's another story. I originally had Prop-Speed on my running gear. Two years and the prop, rudder, tabs and all of my thru-hulls were spotless. Great stuff as long as it's applied correctly. I may go back to it, mainly for keeping the trim tabs clean.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:Heres another with other products. I am waiting for John to pull his boat this winter and give us a report as to how the prop speed product held up on his boat. Also, someone else used a zinc paint on his, so I want to hear his results as well. My boat will not go back in the water next year without one of these products on it.

http://www.getaprop.com/content-categor ... tings.html
Sorry to be late reporting. CLEAN. No barnacles. Looked very good. I have pulled the prop and sent it in for tuning. (that will be another post)
Recommend the Propspeed product as others have.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”