• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Rising Again - 3rd Time's the Charm

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Albin Rising Again - 3rd Time's the Charm

Post by JackK »

While fueling up the boat this afternoon, I learned that Albin is being resurrected once again. I guess you just can't keep a good boat down. C & C Marine out of Bristol,RI is the new builder. Standish Boat Yard is planning on a new boat at the Newport, RI boat show.

I wish Ken and the guys at C & C the best with the new Albins. Besides, I'm about ready for the 31 :D

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albin Rising Again - 3rd Time's the Charm

Post by jcollins »

In an attempt to find more information I called them today after 5:00. I left a message asking for confirmation.
I had not heard of North Coast boats. I checked out the website. They have a 28 w/ twin outboards. But, in the options section they say "diesel power w/ bow thruster".

http://www.northcoastboats.com
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

I spoke with Ken Hilton this morning, and he confirmed that he signed on as the first dealer.

And as already stated by Jack, they intend to have a presense at the Newport Show.

Ken also mentioned that Fred Peters still has a hand in the relationship.

I wish them well, and wouldn't mind a 31 either.....(this may require the winning lottery number)
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I noticed the albinboats.net site is offline. albinmarine.com is still up. Nothing on the northcoastboats.com site yet.
John
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

When Blanding took over building Albin boats I suggested that those of us who had a strong belief in the quality of what we bought could act as helpers, for want of a better word, to, well, help the new company with our testimonial comments, local contacts for prospective buyers, etc.
In the same spirit, we could become helpers with the new builder once a bit more information about the products and their quality is known. A customer support system and the goodwill therein is worth more money than most start-ups can afford.
As more information comes our way, possibly directly from Northcoast, we can decide whether our help is needed, desired, and deserved.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Personally I'm adopting a wait and see attitude this time. With Albin Marine I sent several emails and made phone calls to the company to draw interest in this site. At that time we had only a few members. Then, Bladen took over, at a time when we had 500 members. Emails were sent and phone calls were made. We had some traffic from Bladen but not what I had hoped for. Given the fact that Bladen ownership was short lived, I couldn't expect much.
This time we are 600+ members and I have made one phone call. No reply.
information on this site is very helpful to owners and prospective owners. Owner loyalty is evident and obvious.
My hope is to provide a welcome packet to new owners that would include a burgee, key fob and hat. (the hats are in production now) It's also hopeful that the company (Albin / C&C) would be interested in hosting it's own forum within our group and have a presence at future rendezvous.

Hopefully I'll hear from them.
John

Return to “General Discussion”