• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

USA Certificate of documentation

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

USA Certificate of documentation

Post by Butch »

Any comments are welcomed. Why do I have this paper? And why does it state that the boat (Albin 28) was completed in 2003 when it is a 2005 model. Is it because the 28 mold was built 2 years before the purchase?? I have always been curious about new cars and the applicable year, but a 2 year difference is a bit much!!
Butch
In Memorium

Re: USA Certificate of documentation

Post by Butch »

Woops I saw the thread in the early part of the year...
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

It is possible that there was an entry error or that the boat was produced earlier than it was sold. The HIN molded into the upper right side of the transom will have the year of manufacture as the last two digits. If that does not correspond with the documentation year, let the CG know that there is an error. A photo of the HIN may be helpful. Also, check the bill of sale that you have. That may be in error.
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

Cain't wait to check the number on the Transom. Thanks Fairtide. I think I should get the blue stern polished while I am looking back there.
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

Fartide ,you are a genius. Sure enough, the stern of the Mary B states that the last 2 numbers are 04. A letter is going out today to the Coast Guard. Thanks again....as a side note, the delivery of my boat was 6 months late, so it was called an 05. The stern tells the the rest of the story!!
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

Well here is the rest of the story. I had a long talk w/ the Coast Guard. They do know what they are talking about.The year of the boat is a 03, because they have a record of the completion date from Albin, they have the purchase date from my wife and I, and the 04 on the Stern of the boat is the "MODEL YEAR". I lost a year somewhere in my life. We bought the boat and took possession right after Hurricane Isabel which seals the deal .I have a 03 Albin 28TE.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I think you have an 04 model that was made in 03 just like automobiles models. I believe my 97 model was made in 96 and that was the year the engine was also made.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Butch, so Thats why you dont have the red pin stripe. They were optional in 03! By the way, who did you buy your boat from?
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

My boat is documented as a 2004 boat because Albin completed the boat in October 2004 and the Coast Guard recognizes that for documentation. However, Albin considered the boat to be a 2005 model year boat and the hull number indicates the boat is a 2005 boat. So on my Coast Guard documentation papers it is listed as a 2004 boat but it is registered in Rhode Island as a 2005 boat and it was sold to me as a 2005 boat.

Your situation sounds similar.

John Schieffelin
2005 35 CB OTTER
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

I bought the boat from that Bay Bridge Marina

Return to “General Discussion”