• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2009 Albin ?????

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

2009 Albin ?????

Post by Carl »

28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 2009 Albin ?????

Post by jcollins »

<There was a very nasty comment here that has been removed by the administrator of this board> :twisted:

"This vessel has never been registared and has complete warranties from Albin."

Maybe he is building Albins now? :lol:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

In the past I have read posts from people who have had very bad experiences with the yacht brokerage firm representing this boat. Buyer beware on this.
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

When I was searching for a rudder I received information from one of the contacts (I'll check to see who it was and let you know later) that it is not true that Albin is out of business. The story from this source is that they shut down their Rhode Island facility, that was building the Tournament Express series, due to cost problems. They had a deal with Bladen Composites in North Carolina to build the boats. Bladen Composites build a few boats and then filed for bankruptcy early this year. The larger boats were always built offshore, Taiwan I think, and are still available. Albin has a headquarters in Cos Cob, Connecticut that is still in operation. If you check the Albin website ( http://www.albinmarine.com ) you will find it divided into two parts - Albin Boats and Albin Yachts. The Albin Boats part is essentiall non-functional with no contact information. The Albin Yachts part has contact information, etc. for the Cos Cob headquarters. This seems to support the story I received, but I have not tried calling them.

If this information is true, there seems to be hope that the Tournament Express series will get back into production, possibly when the economic climate improves. According to my source, the move from Rhode Island to North Carolina was a cost savings decision. Unfortunately the new assembly facility went bankrupt. Hopefully Albin is just waiting for an appropriate manufacturing facility to make another deal. All of this said, it is very possible that there are 2009 models in the larger boats.

I will check the source of this information at home tonight. I don't want to attribute it to someone from memory, but I can search my email files at home.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

I can see it now, Carl picking me up in the 46TE KOZY L TWO
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

It's interesting that every boat on that guys website, 4 I think, seem to be the same picture.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Cos Cob property was sold to be developed?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I can see it now, Carl picking me up in the 46TE KOZY L TWO

That would be the: Two Kozy
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

The Albin company ceased operation and sold the name & molds for the TE series to Bladen Composites (also maker of Shamrock boats) about 20 minutes before the economy and credit market collapsed. Bladen went belly up 25 minutes after that, having built or finished 1 or 2 substandard (according to reports) boats.
The Portsmouth (RI) Albin site, the old Pearson Yacht facility, was sold for development. The TE series, 28, 31, and I believe the 35 were all made there. The trawlers and 45CB (basically a trawler with different topsides) were made in Asia. Cos Cob was just an office for sales, nothing was manufactured there. It's quite possible that a 45 or two under construction in Asia when the company closed were delivered, finished off, and are now up for sale by the receiver/owner of the original company. We saw a 45 at the NE Rendezvous that is about a year old and it was spectacular. I believe the owner did have some issues with the boat as delivered and there was considerable rework done stateside before he accepted it. It is a gorgeous boat though. Check with Rick/Legacy. I think that was the broker he had the troubles with.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

A couple of pictures I took last summer while in Cos Cob ... Albin "Corporate Offices" ... not mch there ... a few small run down buildngs with marine related businesses in them

DSCN0046.JPG
DSCN0048.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Ha Ha, yup those pictures correctly represent Albin Headquarters. I remember going there the first time we visited our 28, the broker told us that Albin actually holds the boat so we'd being going to the HQtrs. Ater getting there I'm like :shock: 'THIS, is Albin HQtrs?!?!' lol, my god!

Return to “General Discussion”