• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for a new trawler

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

highspeedlowdrag
Deckhand
Deckhand

Looking for a new trawler

Post by highspeedlowdrag »

Hi guys, i have been pounding the web lately looking to upgrade my 28TE for something bigger. I really like the 36 express trawler or larger. If anyone has any good sites or knows anyone moving one please let me know.(Looking at earlier years 88-99)
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Looking for a new trawler

Post by NJRobert »

I will keep a lookout. While you're at it, if you know someone who is interested in a 2007 28TE Newport, let me know. I can make them a good offer.
Nj Robert
2007 28TE Newport
highspeedlowdrag
Deckhand
Deckhand

You bet, I love the Newport edition. It's tough selling anything right now. We will probably have better luck selling our boats next year, yachtworld seems to do the best marketing.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I want to say they didn't start making the 36' Express Trawler until something like 1999. They did make some other trawler-style boats in that era, though they certainly aren't very common.

Obviously your best resource for finding used boats is www.yachtworld.com. Craigslist is better for smaller boats, but you might find a few there if you look hard enough and have a lot of patience.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I believe Mariner is right. The 36 is a 99, or thereabouts, boat.

The 32, later 32+2 has been around since the late 80s. There is a huge difference between the 28 & 32 as far as human comforts go. Things like 115gal fresh water supply, 260gal fuel supply, separate shower & a centerline Queen bed makes for a great extended cruiser for 2.

Just a word of advice given to me by Terry Compton, the designer, look for a 95 or later boat. The major bugs had been worked out by then. THe 97 & later 32+2s are great boats with the 370hp Cummins
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
highspeedlowdrag
Deckhand
Deckhand

Wow, i really need to brush up on the history. Thanks for the input. Looks like a friend of mine is going for a 43ft Defever, if he does i am keeping the 28 and just use each others boats as situation dictates. I would hate to let this one go.

Return to “General Discussion”