• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hull Blisters

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

abouttime
Swabby
Swabby

Hull Blisters

Post by abouttime »

Good day all!

I am the owner of a 2007 28 TE, purchased new with a 5 year hull warranty. When I pulled my boat this spring there were numerous blisters that cost me time and money to repair. Does anyone know if the new "Albin" owner in North Carolina is honoring any warranty claims, or how the Bankruptcy treated this issue?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Hull Blisters

Post by jcollins »

aboutime,
Given the lack of response I'm guessing no one really knows. You could try to find the Albin Marine bankruptcy filing. I'm assuming it would be in Ct. Then contact the court about warranty claims. My gut tells me nothing can be done. But, I'm not a lawyer and my gut has been wrong before.

Let us know if you find any answers. Good or bad.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
abouttime
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Hull Blisters

Post by abouttime »

This note is from Abouttime and I would like everyone to know that Bladenboro composites, the outfit in NC that purchased Albin and also owned Shamrock and Defiance has now filed Bankruptcy.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”