• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

V berth table

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JoeH
Gold Member
Gold Member

V berth table

Post by JoeH »

The adjustable pedistal in my 28TE appears to be frozen due to corrosion. I've used all sorts of lubricants without any success. I gave the table top an extra heavy pull and voila the top came off screws and all. And thoughts/ suggestions to how to fix the adjustment so the movement is smooth.

Thanks in advance.

Joe H
tlinson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: V berth table

Post by tlinson »

Joe H,
Try kerosene to free it up,it's the proper lube for aluminum' Kero has a pretty strong odor something you wouldn't want in your cabin. So once its free you might want to use WD40 or a something like that as regular maintenance.
It smells alot better than kero. Good luck...

tlinson
Tim Linson
Tross
26TE
/Users/timlinson/Desktop/P1010002.jpg
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Joe,
I've had good results with regualr use of T9 spray lubricant to keep the pedestal free and functional.
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

You realy have to push down extra hard, dead center of the table to get it to go down. I dont dare push down on the sides. Kero for lube sounds like a good idea
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

I had problems right from the start with the table pedestal in my 2005 A-30 FC (purchased new) so the problem was not corrosion. I tried various lubricants including WD 40 and they provided only very temporary and very modest improvements. I then complained to my selling dealer and he promptly supplied me with a new and different pedestal which has worked flawlessly ever since. Apparently Albin had a "secret replacement" policy for those who complained.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

johnmurray wrote:Apparently Albin had a "secret replacement" policy for those who complained.
I'm thinking that policy is no longer in effect......
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

I think it was difficult to deal with the Albin Company in the best of times and now that the company no longer exits, it has not become any easier!
My purpose in mentioning the "secret replacement" policy for the table pedestal was to make listees aware that Albin recognized that the pedestal they were using at the time was not adequate and there were better ones around for those who could not solve their problems with lubrication.
In an effort to be even more helpful I went down to the boat yesterday to inspect my replacement pedestal and determine if there were any identification markings on it, but unfortunately there were none.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

secret replacement
In the automotive industry that is known as a "silent recall". Only those that complain will get replacements.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Albin Maintenance”