• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

FLUSH DECK

BOUNTY
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FLORIDA

FLUSH DECK

Post by BOUNTY »

I have a 28TE flushdeck. The hatch over the battery box lifts with hydraulic lifts. The battery appears to be dead. How can that hatch be lifted without power.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: FLUSH DECK

Post by JackK »

The hatch can be manually lifted. It is not light and you need to go slowly so as to not overcome the seals in the lift cylinders. I made up a notched 2 x 4 to support the hatch once it is lifted high enough. I would also suggest attaching a line for safety. You do not want it coming down while you are under it. I secure the line to handle beside the stairway.

My lift pump has become extremely slow. I will probably have to look at replacing it shortly.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I will assume you don't have the ability to switch power to the second battery???
It is a #%&*% to lift by hand. I tie mine off to the seat post to be safe. That hatch could kill someone who wasn't careful.
Best option is to have someone else with you to help and like Jack said, lift slowly.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Are you able to plug into shore power and fire up the charger on the other battery, or are they both dead? Do not attempt to raise it and work under it by yourself. As John said, it is very heavy and dangerous.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
philipjmcb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhope Al

Re: Access Hatch lifts

Post by philipjmcb »

I am concerned about access to the hatch when power is not available. Lifting the hatch by hand is an arduous job and, in an emergency, dangerous. I am wondering about a system to release pins from lifts? that at least would relieve some of the strain required to lift. I am new owner of a 30, just now learning systems.
My 30 has a single hatch lifter but has a connecting point for a second. Is this normal? Am I missing a hatch lift? Thanks.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”