• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin High temp issue

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Bill Dockery
Swabby
Swabby

engine over heats

Post by Bill Dockery »

I have a 1995 Albin TE 300 Peninsular Gm block. I bought it used in 2000. It started to run hot a year later when I was above 3200 rpm. Changed the raw water inpeller and checked the heat exchanger and found half doz. impeller parts cleaned them out and it helped a little. Then was told to reduce antifreeze water mix. I use dex-cool went to a 30/70 mix with dex-cool being 30 and water 70. Now runs 185-195 at 2900-3000 rpm. The gulf waters are now about 85.
billdoc
don602
Mate
Mate

Re: Albin High temp issue

Post by don602 »

My guess from past experience, there may be small impeller "pieces" stuck in the various coolers.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Re: Albin High temp issue

Post by chiefrcd »

I have a Yanmar and mine runs about 185 at the hottest. I've also had a fouled heat exchanger and my only symptom was that the intake side of the intercooler hose would blow off, dumping sea water into my engine compartment like a fire hose. I used Ryd-Lyme and those post are here somewhere. Lots of junk came out....and I've not had a problem since. Yanmars are also famous to holding onto pieces of the pencil zincs that don't completely desolve away....Ryd-Lyme will take care of that issue also.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”