• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

hatch lifts

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

hatch lifts

Post by furball »

Is it possible to adjust the electric hatch lifts on the aft hatch? It seems my port lift cylinder starts to lift the hatch before the starboard cylinder. This is causing the hatch to shift to starboard and bind on the edge. I have tried to get information from the mfg website but haven't found anything useful. They are Attuatori Struts.I would like to adjust the starting load position if this is possible without having to move a mount.
Thanks
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I have a motor box so not too familiar with the setup. Can you shim the mounting point with stainless washers, starboard, etc. That should give the same effect as changing the mounting location.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

Thanks Rob, good idea, that may provide enough of a change to solve the problem. I'll investigate this Sunday. I was hoping someone had installed these or serviced them and knew a way to adjust the start position. I would think you should be able to but I can't find any info on it.
thanks,
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Re: hatch lifts

Post by craw_daddy »

Yes they can be adjusted independently. Raise the hatch as high as it will go & tie it securely open with a long dock line around the base of the helm & navigator's seat. Make sure the hatch is secured well. It would also be wise to have someone stand by it while you are working in the access area during this time.

Once the hatch is secured, on the side that is short -remove the cotter pin that retains the lift pin in the small bracket on the hatch & remove the pin. Rotate the shaft of the linear actuator counterclockwise 1/2 turn (180 deg) & check to see if that was a sufficient amount of adjustment. To check, you will need to reinstall the end bck to the bracket with the pin & secure it with a finish nail, piece of wire, or the cotter pin. Repeat adjustment until it lifts evenly & replace the old cotter pin with a new one.
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: hatch lifts

Post by furball »

craw_daddy
Thanks, worked nicely. I may add another half turn but it's significantly better.
First one's on me :D
Thanks again.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “Albin Maintenance”