• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar 6lpa Raw water pump parts

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Maid Marian
Mate
Mate

Yanmar 6lpa Raw water pump parts

Post by Maid Marian »

I have been maintaining my raw water pumps with parts I thought were made or supplied by Johnson Pumps. Turns out the impeller was the only thing that had a Johnson part # on it. My problem is the shaft seal. The replacement seal doesn't have a stainless steel tensioning spring, its appears to be steel and only last 1 season. Anyone have a good source for these pump parts? :(
sbmar.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Yanmar 6lpa Raw water pump parts

Post by sbmar.com »

Maid Marian,

For sure the Yanmar 6LYA pumps are indeed made by Johnson, but the castings, gear and shaft are propriatary.. The seals, bearings, cam and some of the other parts can be sourced thru any Johnson Pump distributor. I believe the 6LPA pumps are also of Johnson roots too.. On the West Coast, we use Trans Pacific Marine. DEPCO on the East Coast??..Also, any Yanmar distributor can also sell you the parts needed, but of course they are priced much higher.. If rebuilding these pumps is your business, I'd do some research and see if you can aftermarket the bearing ad seals thru a typical bearing house that deals with a variety of bearing and seal manufacturers........

Tony
Tony / Seaboard Marine
http://www.sbmar.com
Maid Marian
Mate
Mate

Re: Yanmar 6lpa Raw water pump parts

Post by Maid Marian »

Thanks Tony,

I'll try Depco today.

Steve :D

Return to “Albin Maintenance”