• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Peninsular Exhaust Riser

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Peninsular Exhaust Riser

Post by Denis »

I just got off the phone with a mechanic very familiar with Albins and Peninsular engines. I was asking some questions about valves and other topics. He told me that I should check the exhaust riser for corrosion on the inside. He just finished replacing an engine that got sea water in it from a corroded exhaust riser. It was over 16K to replace the engine and it could have been avoided if the riser had been checked. He said Peninsular was great to work with and that they would have rebuilt the damaged engine if the owner wanted. Others out there with Peninsular engines should check the riser for corrosion to help avoid a costly repair.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Peninsular Exhaust Riser

Post by jcollins »

O.k. You got my interest. I'm coming up to 1000 hours and I'm thinking about things to check. This is now on the list.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Peninsular Exhaust Riser

Post by RobS »

Denis wrote:Others out there with Peninsular engines should check the riser for corrosion to help avoid a costly repair.
6LP owners too.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”