• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cummins 6B Exhaust Elbow Gasket

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

TD
First Mate
First Mate

Cummins 6B Exhaust Elbow Gasket

Post by TD »

I don't recall seeing anything posted on this subject, but if it has been covered please delete this post.
I had noticed exhaust debris around the back of each engine--mainly port side--which looked like small particles of soot/grit. I couldn't feel any leakage but decided to replace the gaskets. Cummins wanted big bucks with up front payment and couldn't tell me if this was the same gasket as the turbo flange so I had them fabricated at a local gasket shop for $40.00 each.
I removed the insulating boots from the joint and removed the four --baldly corroded--bolts. I used 100 grit paper and a flat piece of metal to smooth out the two flanges. Cleaned the flanges and coated them and the gasket with a heavy coat of lithium grease. Reinstalled the new gasket, bolts, washers and nuts. Couldn't find any heavy thick washers so put in high strength washers. Warmed up both engines and shut down to let the grease seal the joint.
Cummins Exhaust Elbow Gasket.JPG
Cummins Exhaust Elbow Port.JPG
Cummins Exhaust Elbow Strb.JPG
Cummins Exhaust Elbow2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle

Return to “Albin Maintenance”