• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boat covers

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

bayweeklyeditor
Deckhand
Deckhand

Boat covers

Post by bayweeklyeditor »

In seeking to avoid shrink wrap, I'm curious about experience other Albin owners have had with alternative winter covers, as well as canvas makers they've worked with.
A few other boats in our yard use attractive full boat covers secured by hanging weights. I've priced one, and naturally it's not cheap. Have you tried one? Is it worth the price?
Annapolis to Solomons, are there any canvas makers you highly recommend?
Thanks for sharing your experience.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Boat covers

Post by zinbaad »

-Since it's my first year with the 31 i am a having my canvass guy make a drop canvass from the roof above the doors down to the walk through transom door with 2 zipper sides to get in and out. He is also making side window covers & a peice covering the windshield. That should keep the majority of ice & snow off her. I might through a tarp across the hatch area also. Only time will tell.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I don't consider myself a cheap guy (I do own a boat) but I could never see the expense of a canvas cover. Every time I used shrink wrap it was a mild winter and I kick myself for that too.

I still use the plain blue tarp. It's not pretty but I don't hang around the boat in the winter anyway. :)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

I will post up pics of canvass as soon as its installed, hopefully next week. I am way over due on posting up some pics..
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Our slipmate covers his 36' Saberline in the winter with a full custom cover. It's not Sunbrella, but rather something lighter, more akin to Gor-Tex or something like that. It definitely keeps his boat looking great through our wet winters. However, I'm sure it was made at great expense, and we obviously don't have much snow up here. It's more to keep the rain off.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”