• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Any members added heat or air conditioning & a generat

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Any members added heat or air conditioning & a generat

Post by zinbaad »

I just love the thought of being toasty warm on those brisky days while my rods are in the water & feeling cool on those hot sticky humids days when there is not a breeze to be felt.
Have you added a heat unit to your Abin? What model blowers?
Have you added heat/air combo unit?
Generator? KW?
tlinson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Heater

Post by tlinson »

I installed heat in my boat last year. My boat is a 26 TE but i don't the model makes much of a difference. The heater i used was a Radex single.I tapped into the hot water heater lines and ran a 12 volt power line for the blower. It works pretty good, great this time of year. To install it I used 2 tee's, 2 ball valves, a couple of nipples, 6 pipe X hose adapters, some hose clamps and about 20 ft of heater hose. Mounted it on the bulkhead behind the cabin stairs. Ran the hose thru an access hole in the bulkhead and in the bottom of the galley sink enclosure. Summer I just close the valves coolant loops thru the water heater, fall open the valves got heat. On a 31 you'd probably need a larger heating unit. Good Luck!!!

Tim Linson
TROSS
2006 26TE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
/Users/timlinson/Desktop/P1010002.jpg

Return to “Albin Maintenance”