• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Baitwell Pump TE 28

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Baitwell Pump TE 28

Post by Yearwood »

I've repaired and then replaced the Attwood Aerator Pump (Model A500) and now it has failed again. Doesn't get a lot of use (probably part of the problem), but it is a poor pump for this application. When I replaced it some years ago I searched for a better until but could not find one around 500GPH. Anyone have a recommended replacement that they have used successfully?

Thanks

Don
Don
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

mine blew recently too

Post by craw_daddy »

I used mine for several days in the keys keeping bait alive -mine quit working too. The bait was frisky the whole time it was running, but didn't survive very long afte the pump failed..

..also I noticed that the interior top of the bait well is open to the hull & when you are out there fishing & bouncing around, the sloshing water finds it's way into the bilge..

..also trouble when a bait dies & gets sucked into the drain.. thank God for automatic bilge pumps..
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

I didn't think water could get into the bilge from the top of the livewell, but I'll check that further.

I did replace the centrifugal pump with a diaphragm pump and it has been working well. I'm not please with the hose I used not the hose piping arrangement and I think I'll have to change it. The pump has a positive suction head of six feet and is much better than that cheap centrifugal originally installed by Albin.
Don
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I have clocked about 50 hours on my pump this season, and have only had one issue. After it ran for about an hour one day the flow stopped. When I removed the hose from the through hull there was a glob of hardened white silicon stuck in the valve. Took my needle nose pliers and pulled it out, hooked it back up, and it continues to pump. Dont know where this silicon came from. My guess is it came floating by in the marina from someones project. Might be worth a look.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”