• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nissan LD 28 78 HP Diesel

Albin's "power cruisers"
kickinmule
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Berwick

Nissan LD 28 78 HP Diesel

Post by kickinmule »

Hi all, further to my last post,I just came across some info which has led me to believe that the Nissan LD28 Diesel in the Albin27 FC may be wrought with problems. I had read that there are no maintenance manuals and parts are very hard to come by. Is this true? Is this a deal breaker when considering a purchase? I appreciate your input as i am close to submitting an offer. Thanks very much
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Nissan LD 28 78 HP Diesel

Post by tego »

Mule, The Nissan diesel is a very reliable engine, I have the maintenance manual, and the parts are not VERY hard to come by but they're not really easy to find either. If the engine you are looking at is in good shape and you take good care of it, it'll probably outlast your ownership period. I love mine. What year are you looking at? Ben
kickinmule
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Berwick

Re: Nissan LD 28 78 HP Diesel

Post by kickinmule »

Thanks for your reply. She is a 1986, 3000 hours and has had the timing belt changed. Thanks again, Brian

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”