• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

6 year old diesel fuel and condensation

Albin's "power cruisers"
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

6 year old diesel fuel and condensation

Post by rnummi »

Here's a question for the salts: My tank is 1/4 full of 6 year old diesel. I've run her around Tampa Bay, bounced the heck out of her, definitely sufficient to stir up any accumulated sludge algae etc. Engine has never missed a beat, fuel filter changed upon purchase remains unclogged. Do I now fill the tank w fresh diesel or run around w old fuel till expended? I'm in Fla. humidity starting to really arrive here. I'm thinking I need to keep tank topped off to reduce condensation right?
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: 6 year old diesel fuel and condensation

Post by kerrye »

I'd say either choice is acceptable. I'd add biocide to every tank to avoid any problems. I would probably pump out a small sample of your old fuel into a glass bottle and get a look at it.
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Re: 6 year old diesel fuel and condensation

Post by JT48348 »

Ahh...let it roll. A little mysticism never hurt anyone. How else would Bigfoot and Nessy get love.

Some info on the tank condensation issue:
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/fuel ... ndensation

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”