• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel tank cleaning

Albin's "power cruisers"
Vic K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Houston

Re: Fuel tank cleaning

Post by Vic K »

FYI: A lot also depends on where you buy your fuel. I stay away from any supply point that takes fuel from an exposed tank. Many cruisers I know take the first half gallon or so in a bucket to examine the fuel before it goes in the tank. I like to buy from the source that sells the most fuel; commercial is the best as you know they have a high turn over.

Vic
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Beta Don wrote:As an addition to this 'clean your tank' thread, I'll inject my recent experience

The smaller Racors with the metal spin on filter elements use pretty expensive replacement elements - $25 to $30 each while the 500 uses a $10 element & has a much higher capacity

Don
I just purchased a small Racor filter for the day tank. When I cross reference the Racor 12T filter to a Wix, it is available on Amazon Prime with no shipping charge for $17. In bulk at other sources $13. Wix has a cross reference program on their home page.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

don - is the one linked below the one your using?
http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... &id=133655
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”