• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Always check your CO detector if running a generator

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Always check your CO detector if running a generator

Post by jcollins »

It was a great weekend. This happened Sunday evening. This marina is right around the corner from me.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/ ... -headlines
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

John, a real shame. I know we have a post somewhere on here about CO detectors and CO. In my 40 'ish years in the fire service I can't tell you the number of CO deaths and injuries I've seen in homes and camping trailers, we even had two die sleeping in a horse trailer at the State Fair. Very dangerous gas, colorless, odorless and about the same weight as air so it mixes very easily. Can't stress enough the importants of CO detectors any time there is a remote possibility of exposure, even from someone else's boat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

The news reports say he was a new boater. Just bought it a couple of weeks ago. With all the excitement of something new I'm sure he never gave it a thought. Naturally the family is all over the broker for "not providing proper warnings". This will cause an uproar in the media and local government for more regulations. I know it's a tragedy, but we cannot blame anyone else for this. If we put warning stickers everyplace on a boat that presents danger, my boat would be covered in yellow stickers. This is rare in our area for a boat but in the city, every winter, I see reports of famlies getting sick or dieing from CO in their homes.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Here in Washington, with our 2007 registrations stickers, the state sent us CO2 warning stickers to be placed in plain view. I'm not quite sure on what authority they were sent, but I can assure you that sticker will never find it's way onto my boat.

Return to “General Discussion”