• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 swim platform?

Albin's "power cruisers"
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

A25 swim platform?

Post by kerrye »

Anyone know a good source for one?
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: A25 swim platform?

Post by kerrye »

Well, I found 4 aluminum swim platform brackets on Ebay for $115 and I have some Ipe left from a redo of my front porch so I'll be making an Ipe/aluminum swim platform. The Ipe has been on my front porch exposed to southern sun with high UV at altitude along with snow in the winter and it still looks just fine after 3 yrs. It has no finish.
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Re: A25 swim platform?

Post by glk34 »

We bought some brackets on the web and I really like them. I can remove the platform very easily and the brackets stay on the hull. We went with only 2 brackets but I think more would help spread the weight better. I just used some white ash hardwood for the platform and it has been holding out great. 4 seasons and it still looks ok. Of course our seasons are pretty short up here in the great white north. (May - Oct)

Chris
Iron Jack

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”