• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Aft Bilge Auto Switch Questions

randyb
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Aft Bilge Auto Switch Questions

Post by randyb »

Albineers,
First, Merry Christmas to all. The purpose of this note is to inquire about the aft bilge auto switch. I see 2 plastic corrugate lines running under the engine and cannot find the auto switch. I see the pump under the captain pedestal behind the batteries. Here's my questions:
  • The impeller seems weak -- better to replace the pump or impeller?
    I cannot find the auto-switch -- can you help with a picture or diagram? Is it under the fuel cell accessible via the rudder access or under engine?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
-randy
-randyb
Vessel Sea Vee
1995 28' TE 5.9BTA Cummins
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Aft Bilge Auto Switch Questions

Post by Jeremyvmd »

there may not be an auto switch. Sadly none of the pumps on my boat have auto switches except for a rule (don't know what size, haven't pulled it yet) under the engine. the large one under the seat is on a manual switch on mine.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
randyb
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Re: Aft Bilge Auto Switch Questions

Post by randyb »

Thanks JeremyVMD! However, my 95 28'TE is wired for an automatic switch for each bilge as follows: The dash panel bilge setup includes a collective switch for "On/Off" for both bilges and a singular switch for each bilge for auto or on.
-randyb
Vessel Sea Vee
1995 28' TE 5.9BTA Cummins

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”