• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Still looking for FC 27-30

Albin's "power cruisers"
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Still looking for FC 27-30

Post by rnummi »

Anyone out there want to send their FC to a good home? I'm in Florida and in search of a FC. Please feel free to contact me directly at 813-727-367Three. rnummi@mac dot com. Living in Tampa FL. Project boats and dead engines are fine.

Rick
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Still looking for FC 27-30

Post by rnummi »

Bought one....!
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

U get a 27 or 30? Give us more! Lol
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

1984 Albin 27 FC - Palm Harbor Florida..... been on the hard for 6 years (luckily under cover) Never painted, (there is some shine under that oxidization). Previous owner had taken out the pilothouse windows to replace w starboard... still has the original wood frames though. 2700 hrs on the original lehman engine. All original cushions in pristine condition. Basically it popped out of a time capsule. Downside is a continental trailer that needs to have desperate rehab work.

Ran over to "Don's Marine Salvage" in Largo to see if they had any pieces parts. Holy smokes! If you have never been there it is a treasure trove of material. Shipping crates of old teak, more stainless steel than you could possibly imagine. Google earth will give you a general idea of the scope and breadth of their stuff. For Albin owners: unlimited lengths of Albin rub rail, interior hose, electrical lines and panels, etc. I will post pictures of this project as we bring back this pristine dust covered find.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

rnummi wrote:Ran over to "Don's Marine Salvage" in Largo to see if they had any pieces parts. Holy smokes! If you have never been there it is a treasure trove of material.
A friend and I made a trip over there from Biloxi specifically to go to Don's - It is a gold mine! I have several parts on my A27 that I bought there. Spent the night, had dinner with my son and his family who is stationed at MacDill and drove back the next day

Did you start up the Peugeot Lehman before you bought the boat? Mine had set up ashore for several years and the engine was frozen up when I got around to trying to start it. It had just 1100 hours on it. 2700 hours is about 135,000 miles, if it was in a car

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

Lovely..... 135,000 miles. Kinda like dog years too huh? I was in Paris a couple of years back and saw a taxi w/ a Peugeot diesel engine, it had 400,000 miles on it! Good thing I like "fixer-uppers". It's pretty awesome that I live right down the street from Don's Salvage. They had a entire shipping crate full of teak paneling, teak raw wood, etc. Like nirvana for boat repair. It seems Don's was the dumping ground for Catalina, Morgan, Island Packet (all the boats they built around here back in the day). All the scraps, excess parts etc went straight from the shop floor to Don's. Did you see the Shipping container w/ stainless steel screws? Must be millions of different sizes all new in old boxes.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”