• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow light on 28 TE

BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

Bow light on 28 TE

Post by BobHaze »

I bought my 2001 28 TE in late August and will be hauling it for the 1st time on Tuesday, and keeping it at the house for the winter. The boat has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks having the exhaust valve guide seals replaced (315 Yanmar), as well as some other things the mechanics found when they opened it up (scored cam shaft bearings) and I'm not picking it up till Monday AM.

I'll know the answer to this when I pick up the boat, but does the bow light over the radar antenna pivot down easily? There are some low hanging branches on the road between the ramp where it will be hauled and the house, and I don't want to snap off the light on the way home.
Bob
Former owner of 2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Re: Bow light on 28 TE

Post by Maye Marie »

I have a 2002 and turn my light mast down every year so it is not poking up for winter storage wrapping. It is held on with four screws.

The problem is if it has not been removed for a few years more than likely you will not be able to remove the screws without breaking them off. Bring penetrating oil and tools to deal with it.

I would suggest to bring (2) 2 1/2 inch hose clamps so if the screws snap. You can then use the clamps over the flange of the mast and around the arch tubing to secure the light upside down for trucking or until you want to deal with it. (zip ties would work too) You might need to side shift it to get away from the plat for the radar mount just above to use the clamps.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”