• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

marine toilet

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

got2dive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

marine toilet

Post by got2dive »

When i flush toilet the waste shoots up in air in the bowl any ideas of problem it has a grinder pump its not a vac u flush toilet are there blades that could be bent?
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: marine toilet

Post by Mark Deeser »

Hi got2dive, what type of toilet do you have? Do you have an operations manual? Did it work in the past an problem just started? A Google search on line with make an model could bring results. Pressure is from somewhere, waste tank, pump, clogged line. Provide more information and I'm sure someone has had the problem and will be able to help out. Thanks, Mark.
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

Sounds like the vent in the holding tank is clogged - check for spider or mud dobbers nests.
Bob
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Its a small holding tank, sure its not full?
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

It sounds like a clogged vent line to me as well. (assuming the tank has room)
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
About time

Post by About time »

Stopped up discharge hose at the macerator. Remove hose, connect short hose into a bucket, try to flush. If it will now flush, clean out or replace the hose to the holding tank.
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Post by rnummi »

Reminds me of the story I read last year.....evidently British Airways had the same problem. The same thing happened to Smacksman. It shot out of the pump out onto the Marina attendant. Read no further if your squeamish.

Pasted from Vice UK web site

A British Airways flight was forced to turn around and land over the weekend because somebody did a shit so bad the plane was essentially rendered useless. Imagine living your life in the knowledge that you once turded so appallingly that a 747-400 had to turn around and land. Your liquid shit bought a £360-million ($533-million) airplane juddering out of the sky. Imagine looking your loved ones in the face after that. Imagine hugging your mom. You couldn't. Your asshole is essentially a terrorist.

Anyway, the BA flight from Heathrow to Dubai on Saturday had to turn around and flop back down again at Heathrow just 30 minutes into the seven-hour flight because somebody did a toilet crime.

Hertsmere Tory councillor Abhishek Sachdev—who has clearly not heard the "he who smelt it, dealt it" directive—happened to be on the flight, and, as well as tweeting his response ("Insane! Our BA flight to Dubai returned back to Heathrow because of a smelly poo in the toilet! 15hrs until next flight... #britishairways") also spoke to the Daily Mail about the ordeal. Again: imagine making a smell so bad a Tory councillor talks to a national paper about it.

"The pilot made an announcement requesting senior cabin crew, and we knew something was a bit odd," he said. "About 10 minutes later he said, 'You may have noticed there's a quite pungent smell coming from one of the toilets.'

"He said it was liquid fecal excrement. Those are the words he used."

Two things:

i. The informed knowledge of the liquid state of the turd in question sort of suggests the pilot actually went and looked at the mess himself, and, in which case, did he hold his special pilot's hat over his nose?

ii. This question always comes up when someone does a shit so appalling that it might as well not be human. We've all seen a bad shit. We've all been to a pub. We've all traveled on a bus at least once in our lives. Everybody in Britain, at some point, has had to piss at a train station. We've all lifted a toilet seat and, like Pandora's Box, stared into the abyss-like doom of someone else's medically inadvisable droppings. But the question is this: how, and more specifically why, is it possible to shit up and around the rim of a toilet and, side-question, how does one shit up a wall?

Ask me to shit up a wall and I would not know where to start. If I was trying, I do not think I could shit along a vertical pane. But there are people out there who seem to manage it on the regular. Do they go to the doctor immediately after? When you "deposit" something so forcefully that it ricochets right back out again, do you go straight to A&E and say, like, "Hello, doctor, something is very wrong with me," or do you, like, try and walk it off? Also, why does this always happen in public toilets?

Anyway, the flight was rescheduled for the next day, and British Airways made a statement saying, "We're very sorry for the discomfort to our customers," before providing everyone on the flight—including the rogue shitter, presumably, whoever they may be—with overnight hotel accommodation.

Safe travels, rogue shitter. Peace be with your lower intestine.

So there you have it. That's what happened. A backed up macerator.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “Albin Maintenance”