• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mounting a grill A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Belhaven N.C.

Mounting a grill A25

Post by Northern Spy »

Hello all!

Anyone have any ideas about good places to mount a grill. I have a Magma Catalina (rectangular) grill I would like to make a mount for, But I am kind of at a loss as to the best place to put it. We have a cushion that goes over the aft cabin and The Admiral says thats a no-go (no aft rails either). I'm leaning towards mounting it over the starboard side of the cockpit. Any pictures or ideas?
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: Mounting a grill A25

Post by seasalt »

I have a Catalina also. I mounted it on a piece of 1" removable stainless railing with the the Magma rail mounting kit. On an A25 I would measure the distance from the aft cabin to the main cabin...across the boarding area...and buy a piece of stainless railing. Then I would put an end piece with hole on each end of the rod. On the boat itself I would mount two receptacles for the rod's ends and place removable pins to hold the rod in place. The grill now can be mounted temporarily across the opening away from the dock and removed when you get underway.

Mine is on a removable rail on the stern but the same idea should work on the side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Not sure why the stern rail would be a no go, but here's where we mount our round Magma grill to a stanchion at the starboard corner of our stern rail. Photos taken last year during our San Juans cruise and this year's Erie Canal cruise (bottom photo at dock).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Belhaven N.C.

Post by Northern Spy »

I still haven't decided the best course of action yet, but I am leaning toward attaching a handrail outside the cockpit coaming and attaching the grill with a rail mounted clamp similar to the first reply. Sorry for the lack of clarity in the original post but the aft rails were removed by a previous owner somewhere along the line and are long gone so I cannot mount the grill back there.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”