• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

getting hot

Albin's "power cruisers"
turtlemoon

getting hot

Post by turtlemoon »

I have a nessan desel in my 27 FC, the temp is fine 160-170 up to 2500-2700 RPMs when I put the throttle down it spikes up to 200, is this normal or could it be a sign of something?
Also, my muffler is cracked on top. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Thanks for your help.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: getting hot

Post by DougSea »

Have you checked on BoatDiesel.com? You might find some info there. You can also post in the main Maintenance section here on AOG.

My quick reaction is that that is a bit on the warm side, but I don't have any real data points to back that up. Does she cool right back down? Has your heat exchanger ever been cleaned? How does the exhaust water flow look when you throttle up?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Post by eseyoung »

The trouble with boat diesel is that no one there can give info about the ld28.

As a former owner Ill tell you what I know.

As long as it stops at 200 I don't think it is an issue. I rarely ran mine over 2500. at 2500 I could see the tstat opening and closing. As in it would raise to 180 or so then drop back off to 160 or so. On the few occasions I ran harder it did climb and stay at 180-190.

A quick little fact is that with a domestic water heater loop and keep her at 2100ish you dont need raw water. On one of my first trips I forgot to open the sea cock. Needless to say I did need an impeller. Which wasn't a huge deal as the pump was worn out and I was planning on doing it anyway. I would recommend making a habit of running with out raw water but it did no damage and the engine ran at normal temp.

As for your muffler, the PO of my boat repaired a crack in mine with fiberglass patch. seemed to work just fine. But if you want to replace it all of the big marine supply guys (defender, wm or others) have them. I am not sure you can get a part number per say but the catalogs have pictures and dimensions in them.
turtlemoon

Post by turtlemoon »

Thanks, looks like I need a Centek Side In-Top Out Wet Exhaust Muffler, they are readily available online, while I'm at it, I'm going to replact the thermostat

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”