• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

40 NS Cutter - leak

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

ws1047
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Longboat Key, FL

40 NS Cutter - leak

Post by ws1047 »

Have discovered water seeping up between two floorboards immediately in front of my master suite head doorway. In trying to locate source, I notice what appears to be sealant applied around circumference of the starboard bow hawse hole, on outside of hull. Noticed seepage during recent passage in seas rough enough to cause bow to drive into waves above level of hawse hole. Suspect water seeped in and traveled allong path of least resistance and appeared in our stateroom floor. Anyone else had a similar experience, or have any thoughts? Comments would be appreciated.

Whit Sibley
Cadence, Longboat Kery, FL
flyingscotsman
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: San Diego

Re: 40 NS Cutter - leak

Post by flyingscotsman »

Have a look in the anchor rode and chain locker next to the windlass - if it's the same as mine, it is open to the master stateroom....
Good luck!
TFS

Return to “Albin Maintenance”