• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing stripes

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Replacing stripes

Post by Albinflorida »

Anyone have a handle on how to and at what price replacing the upper stripes would be? One is the 1/4" pin stripe tape kind, but need to be removed first, the 4" and 1 " parallel stripe is either painted or tape and includes the Albin logo decal (available?) These are on a 32+2, but I believe they are on all models.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
elad

Re: Replacing stripes

Post by elad »

I used 3m pin striping to replace the stripes. A really good washing 1st. Then ammonia to remove all wax. Then blue tape as a guide to make sure the stripes were straight. Finally the pin stripes. Has held up for several years now.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hi Doug,

I'll be interested to see the responses to this, I keep thinking that the flybridge on our 35TE needs a stripe to break up the vast white fiberglass. I think a pinstripe is fairly simple, but the wider widths need someone who knows what they're doing as they round the angled corners.

As for the Albin logo, there are several posts here where people have said they took a photo of an existing one to a decal shop and they were able to recreate it. Ideally you coordinate that with your striping so the color matches perfectly.

Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Albinflorida »

Thanks Doug, yes I spoke with a auto/boat trim shop here in Sarasota yesterday and it is no big deal to reproduce the whole logo / stripe on this boat. Getting a quote soon and will post.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Albinflorida »

Looks like around $300 to do the logos, bridge double stipe and pin stripe.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Albinflorida wrote:Looks like around $300 to do the logos, bridge double stipe and pin stripe.
That doesn't sound bad at all. I'm assuming it's for a boat you're brokering. If it gets done can you post some photos? Would love to see how it comes out.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Albinflorida »

Well it was a quote for a boat the buyer did not buy. I sold him a later model boat, but if I see someone's boat around here that did it, I'll get a pic.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790

Return to “General Discussion”