• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Need advice....

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

blackmax
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Need advice....

Post by blackmax »

I am considering buying a yr2004 albin 28 and need some advice urgently....

There is one discolored patch I saw on one part of the hull which made me worried....
To be more precise, the patch is a darker blue patch 2' X 2' irregular circle, difference in color tone by 20%-40%. No visible bulge.
Seems ingrained and can't be polished off....

Will you guys still consider such a boat??
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Need advice....

Post by marko »

Depends, partly on where it is and what it looks like from the inside. If on either side, about amidship, it could be a dock rash paint repair, as I have on my boat. Could be something else too. Best looked at and answered by a surveyor working for you.
Chris & Dale

Re: Need advice....

Post by Chris & Dale »

I agree with Marko. Sure sounds like some kind of repair was done...the real question is for what? I agree 100% about the surveyor, but I'd also consider asking the owner or have the broker ask the owner for all maintenance and repair records. When we bought ours I got every single repair/maintenance record from the day she was commissioned until the day I signed the papers. Has proven invaluable over the past year. Good Luck!

Return to “General Discussion”