• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Condemned Dock

Albin's "power cruisers"
Yeoman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thunder bay canada

Condemned Dock

Post by Yeoman »

I have a new challenge this year since the federal ministry of Fisheries and Oceans condemned our dock at Silver Islet Ontario. Now that I have lost my mooring spot I will be trailering in and out for each trip. Thankfully the A25 is compact enough that I can do a drop and pull program. I wonder if I should continue to pay membership fees without the mooring option. Some members claim personal and permanent spots on shore while others are left with nothing.Maybe we should draw straws? The politics of boating are complicated on the north shore with a short season and a ministry agenda which could take several years to bring about a new docking facility. We have such a big lake at our doorstep but very few docking options. I can only hope that in time,we will have a safe harbour again.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Condemned Dock

Post by DougSea »

Not being familiar with the politics of boating in Canada I guess I'd want to know what the annual cost is that you're talking about and is it likely to move you to the "front of the line" if/when a new dock is built.

Wishing you the best of luck!!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”